Posted on : January 24, 2019
In basic terms, matters related to an individual’s immigration status are governed by federal law, whereas the vast majority of criminal matters (including DUI and traffic matters) are prosecuted in state courts. The outcome of a criminal, DUI, or traffic matter in state court, however, can have a direct impact on a person’s immigration status and may Read more
- The Work Continues, as COVID-19 Rages
- A Day if Study and Good Deeds
- What is Larceny in the Sixth Degree?
- Cleaning Up DMV Messes
- What Is a Hit and Run in Connecticut?
- What is a Breach of Peace Charge?
- 25th Amendment, Please!
- Immigration Courts Nonsensically Remain Open
- Can You Decline A Breathalyzer Test In Connecticut?