Speeding Charges In Connecticut: What You Need To Know – A Comprehensive Guide by Llinas Law
Speeding charges are one of the most common traffic violations in Connecticut. While it might seem like a minor infraction, speeding can have serious consequences, including hefty fines, points on your license, and even jail time for repeat offenders. This page is dedicated to understanding the nuances of speeding laws in Connecticut and how Connecticut Traffic Lawyer Chris Llinas at Llinas Law can assist you if you find yourself facing a speeding ticket.
Common Speeding Violations in Connecticut
Connecticut categorizes speeding violations based on the extent of the offense:
- 1-20 MPH Over the Limit: Often considered an infraction, leading to fines.
- 21+ MPH Over the Limit: A more serious offense with higher fines and potential license suspension.
- Speeding in a School Zone: Additional fines may apply.
- Reckless Driving: Speeding combined with other dangerous behavior can lead to this more severe charge.
Connecticut Speeding Penalties
- Fines: Range depending on the severity of the offense.
- Points on License: Accumulating points can lead to suspension.
- Insurance Premium Increase: Speeding convictions may increase your insurance rates.
- Possible Jail Time: For extreme cases or repeat offenders.
How Llinas Law Can Help
As a seasoned Connecticut Traffic Lawyer, Chris Llinas is well-versed in Connecticut speeding laws. He can assist you by:
- Analyzing Your Case: Understanding the specifics of your situation.
- Challenging Evidence: Including the accuracy of speed measuring devices.
- Negotiating with Prosecutors: Possibly reducing fines or avoiding points on your license.
- Representing You in Court: If your case goes to trial.
Resources and Links in Connecticut
- Connecticut General Statutes Regarding Speeding
- Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles
- Connecticut Points System
Reach Out to Llinas Law
Speeding charges in Connecticut may seem straightforward, but they can become complex, particularly for repeat offenders. Allow Chris Llinas at Llinas Law to navigate the legal process with you and strive for the best possible outcome. Contact Llinas Law at 860-530-1781 today to discuss your speeding ticket in Connecticut.
With Llinas Law’s expertise, you don’t have to face the complexities of speeding charges alone. Trust Chris Llinas, a prominent Connecticut Traffic Lawyer, to guide and represent you.